1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup brussel sprouts (stubs cut off, each sprout cut into quarters)
7 oz of tempeh (pixie quick tip: grab a pack of marinated coconut curry tempeh from the produce aisle); cut into small cubes
1 cup diced mushrooms
- plop the coconut oil into a large frying pan over medium heat
- toss in the red onion and garlic, pan fry until golden brown, let them sizzle!
- add the brussel sprouts to the mix, sauté for about five mintues
- throw in the tempeh, followed by the mushrooms
- stir until the brussel sprouts are at a texture to your liking (i prefer mine crisp others like them soft)
- serve them up in a dish, sprinkle with coconut soy oil and a dash of salt and hello tummy!
- for leftovers add in some quinoa or brown rice …. also makes for a great salad atop a bed of rocket (arugula)